RURAL CLASSROOM NOW OPEN – SCHOOLS WELCOME!
Funded by Natural England, as a place for children to learn about farming and the environment, we are proud to offer Educational Access in our new purpose built classroom and on our farm.
OPEN FOR SCHOOL VISITS WEEKDAYS 9AM-3PM
Learning through discovery is just one of many reasons to book your School visit to bluebells at Brunswood Farm. With so many children living in urban areas, a visit to the Farm allows children to explore the countryside, its animals, where the food they eat comes from food production and much more…
A trip to the farm allows the children to learn all this through an exciting programme of fun educational activities, games and play, whilst including an exciting mix of indoor and outdoor learning!
Curriculum linked activities to chose from such as::
- Meet the animals
- From cow to cone
- Habitats and minibeasts
- Maths in the Countryside
- Nature Trail
- The Ice Cream Project (suitable for 8 years upwards)
- The farm is CEVAS accredited
Each visit includes:
- Full use of the Play Area and facilities
- Supervision by one or more team members
- Accompanying staff members free
- Use of indoor classroom facilities for lunches
- Supervised handwashing (Griffin Report on Handwash Advice for Teachers)
- A Pre-visit to bluebells by your Group Leader to ensure that our timetable meets your group’s requirements and to handout and discussRisk Assessments
- Complimentary squash on arrival for each child and a tea or coffee for the accompanying team members.
- Car and coach parking
For more information on our farm and farming practices, please Download our Teacher Pack Here.
If you would like more information on the content of the activities and topic timetables that we offer, please contact us on: [email protected]
Alternatively, if you have everything you need and would like to enquire about booking, please download one of our booking forms here.
Educational Group Booking Prices
We offer two types of Farm Visit:
- 2 Hour Farm Visit: £4/child, including Ice Cream
- All Day Visit: £7.50/child, including Ice Cream
All Day Visit + Farmyard lunch box, Juice and Ice Cream: £10.50/child
As part of their commitment to providing schoolchildren with access to the countryside, Natural England kindly provides funding for Schools and Nurseries – minimum group size 8. Minimum stay: 2 hours.
The first 25 visits booked each year may be eligible for this funding. Should you be successful, £100 will be deducted from the cost of your School’s visit – you will need to complete a simple visit assessment form.